Clapp’s Nursing Center
Our facility is family owned and operated since 1952. The new nursing center location has been open since 2004. The facility provides skilled nursing and rehabilitation services and offers both semi-private and private rooms. The maximum occupancy is 118. We do accept Medicare and Medicaid.
Clapp’s Assisted Living
In addition to skilled and rehabilitation services, Clapp’s offer assisted living services.The Assisted Living Facility has been renovated and has a maximum occupancy of 30 and has semi-private and private rooms.
Both facilities offer complete services which include: prepared meals, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance, activities, and in-house beauty salon and social services.
Our philosophy at Clapp’s is to treat each individual resident with the honor, respect, and reference that will demonstrate our belief in the dignity and worth of each individual. It is our belief that through a well equipped facility, properly and adequately staffed with qualified personnel, we can meet the total needs of the geriatric, chronic and convalescent residents.
We will do our utmost to provide a home-like, cheerful, friendly and hopeful atmosphere in the promotion and preservation of the personal integrity of each individual. We shall make avialable and utilize those services neccessary for the emotional, physical, social, and spiritual enrichment for each individual resident we serve.
We shall provide for the growth and development of the staff and others who contribute to the well being of the residents and the operation of our facility. We shall endeavor to fulfill our rightful role as a contributing member of the health and welfare organization of the community.
Clapp’s Nursing Center, Inc. is a family owned and operated for profit corporation. It is licensed by the North Carolina Division of Health and Human Services, Division of Facility Services.
From July 1952 until September 30, 1975, the facility was operated as Clapp’s Convalescent Nursing Home operated by Mr. George W. Clapp and Mrs. Mary R. Clapp, parents of Mr. Riley W. Clapp.
Beginning October 1, 1975, the facility became Clapp’s Nursing Center, Inc. Mr. Riley W. Clapp and his wife, Mrs. Laura D. Clapp, operated the facility as a corporation.
Since April 1, 2001, Mr. Riley W. Clapp and his daughter, Cheryl Clapp-Coleman, have continued to operate the facility as a corporation.
Clapp’s Nursing Center, Inc. is a domestic corporation charted by the State of North Carolina on July 9, 1975. It became operational on October 1, 1975.
From October 1, 1975 to November 8, 2004, Clapp’s Nursing Center, Inc. operated a 42 bed facility located at 4558 Pleasant Garden Road. On November 8, 2004, Clapp’s Nursing Center’s new physical location became 5229 Appomattox Road. The center expanded its services and is now able to provide skilled nursing services to 118 residents. The previous location is now known as Clapp’s Assited Living Center and services 30 residents.